Now Seeking a Pastor for Community Fellowship Church in Blue Grass, IA (Learn More about Blue Grass)
Bylaws Description of Pastor:
The pastor(s) shall be spiritually mature men whose qualifications are set forth in 1 Timothy 3:2-7. The lead Pastor shall be an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or who will seek ordination. His doctrine shall be in agreement with the church’s affirmation of faith. As pastor of the church he shall be sympathetic and cooperative with the Minnesota-Iowa Baptist Conference and the Converge Worldwide and the other affiliations and associations of the church.
Ministry Purpose: To preach the Gospel, to administer the ordinances of the New Testament, to minister to the spiritual needs of its members and all people everywhere, to train Christian workers for the Lord’s work, and to further the evangelization of the world by converting men, women, and children to a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Serving Relationships: The Pastor serves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the Church Body. He directly receives counsel from the Leadership Team who serve the congregation. The Pastor serves as the Chairman of the leadership Team and the Church.
• Plans and conducts worship services, develops sermons, coordinates with music leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances.
• Leads the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
• Must adhere to the Central Values of Community Fellowship Church.
• Must adhere to the Affirmation of Faith for Community Fellowship Church.
• Leads and demonstrates effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus.
• Visits and ministers to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
• Conducts counseling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies and conducts funeral services.
• Works with Church Corporate Officers, and other key leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
• Cooperates with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
• Serves as Overseer/Administrator of church staff supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned.
• Serves to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
• Oversees, with the Leadership Team, all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
• Communicates with the congregation through articles or announcements, written and spoken, using church newsletter, bulletins and worship services.
• Participates in the planning of the church budget with the church Leadership Team in preparation for congregational approval.
• Adheres to the Church Bylaws and Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
• Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
Applications for our position will only be accepted through our Converge Pastor Placement Process.
More information can be found at http://convergep3.com/Home.php
For more information, please contact Community Fellowship Church here.